Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Living life.


I cannot tell a lie. These past few weeks have been hard for me. I think it's a combination of things, but mostly it is that I am not where I pictured "26 year old Liz" to be. It's hard when you feel as if you are not maximizing your potential. I have been spending most of my free time attempting to remedy the situation. Attempting to add fulfillment in different aspects. However, even at what seems like my most vulnerable of times, it is hard not to appreciate the little things in my life. The way my kitten plays, breakfast trips with my dad, & finding antique treasures. These little pieces of my day are what have been giving me the strength to push through.

I know in time, I will see changes in life. Just as this snow can’t stay forever, neither can my mood.  I know, just as you do, that “this too shall pass.” And until it does, I’ll keep hanging on to the beautiful little pieces of my day.

I couldn't help but feel like the nightly devotional I received Sunday was perfectly fitting for the situation. It was a message from John 16:24, reading "until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."

Keeping this close.

Stay warm (and think spring!),

Liz

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way...however I always remind myself that He has a plan and path for me to follow even if it isn't how I pictured it. Stay positive darling!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete