Friday, April 5, 2013

Small Steps, Big Changes

A spring table setting

Well, Spring is finally starting to show herself around the Lehigh Valley. The weather is starting to brighten, which naturally brings a brightening of my mood. I wasn't too happy about Easter being in March this year, but it did signal the end to a very long winter.

Spring in Pennsylvania is a beautiful time of the year. Things get so green here. This is the time of year where I realize why I left NY and moved back to PA. I wanted land. Space. Green. Growth.

Sometimes, I can't help but catch myself staring in awe at the spacious farmland stretching throughout the valley, the sky blue and freckled with clouds.

With a window cracked open, the scent of rebirth is in the air.

As I wrote in my previous entry, I was struggling with where I was at lately. But one of my sorority sisters sent me a little reminder that "we, not events, have the power to make us happy or unhappy today. We can choose which it shall be."

I am choosing happiness.

Things are not perfect. But they are good.

-Liz

1 comment:

  1. I love it! A few years ago, my mentor and favorite person in the world told me I had to choose happiness. It's something you have to actively choose every day and I definitely needed a reminder of that. So thank you, Liz!

    ReplyDelete