Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weekend Snippets on a Tuesday & My Thoughts on Easter Candy

trying out the hazelnut macchiato, flowers and patio shopping, new art hanging in the living room, & bach choir's elijah

 
We had our first few days of warmth around the Lehigh Valley this past weekend, & let me tell you, I enjoyed every second of it. Normally this winter, we have been so lazy on our weekend mornings, staying in bed late and doing lots of nothing until we were motivated by having to get up and turn the heat on in our place. But for some reason, we didn't hesitate for a minute on waking up bright and early on Saturday and I'm so glad we did. We made our first stop to the Promenade Shops, which is one of my favorite places to wander around when the weather gets warm. We did some window shopping, then I tried the hazelnut macchiato while reading the latest issue of Saveur magazine (featuring my favorite food - doughnuts!). There's nothing better than an iced macchiato, the sun shining through the windows of a bookstore, and reading about fried dough (no really, I mean, how perfect does that sound?)

We spent the day driving all over the valley, shopping and enjoying the windows being down in the car, followed by a relaxing evening at home.

Sunday wasn't quite as sunny, but the warmth was still in the air. My mom and I headed to Bethlehem Presbyterian Church to see the Bach Choir perform Elijah - one word - AMAZING. such a talented group of musicians and singers. Check them out here. If you ever get the chance to see them perform, I highly recommend going.

Now, we're getting ourselves back into the swing of the week. After grocery shopping yesterday, I realized this time of year is full of temptation. And that temptation is in the form of sweet, sugary goodness.

Easter candy galore - and yes, cheeseballs in the form of a large carrot

How does one resist peanut butter eggs or Just Born jelly beans or the gooey Peeps we let harden to eat?

The answer is simple: one doesn't.

The key to my Easter this year will be moderation. I have to remind myself I don't need a hollow chocolate bunny every time I'm at the store.

::dreams about biting off the hollow chocolate ear::

Sigh.

I also think I may experiment with some homemade candies this year. It's something I don't have much practice at, but I think the process of making them will make me slow down and appreciate the experience of eating them.

Or, you know, just make me want to eat the whole tray.

Peeps & love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment