Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April Showers.




April is a strange month for me. Definitely one of transition. Somehow, PA is always caught between seasons. She wants so badly to be warm and green, but the cold never gives us that easily around here.

This April is no different.

This April has been filled with summer-like days & other days where I need a sweater and boots. It has been filled with the sight of beautiful flowers and growth and the sight of national tragedy. It has been a month of personal lows and personal strength.

April confuses me.

Last week, we had the most beautiful spring thunderstorm. The air was so warm and heavy that we opened all of our windows and let the rain drops fall into our rooms just to smell the freshness of it all.

This has been a challenging year for me personally, and a challenging year for our country. What keeps me going is the strength of my family, my friends, my community, this country. And me. I am stronger than I think.

Whether it is showering or storming in your life, open the windows & face it head on. You are much stronger than any storm.


- Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment