Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer in the suburbs/city.

In

Sometimes, living in NY feels like so long ago, while it has only been a year since I moved back to PA. Those three years of my life were so turbulent. Yet in their own weird way, filled with enough memories to last me a long, long time. Summer in NY was full of very vibrant imagery - fans blowing through a sticky apartment, Sublime cover bands & beers at Long Island bars, city parks full of people looking for a green refuge, a red, white & blue Empire State Building, frozen fruit bars at Jones Beach, watching fireworks in the distance over Queens & Brooklyn...

The pictures in my mind are beautiful.

But being in PA during the warm weather is just as wonderful. The chirping of the cicadas, sprawling green fields, teaberry ice cream at the dairy farm, sweet margaritas mixed with the laughter of friends, a sleepy kitten catching a breeze at the window, the hum of air conditioners...

I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have experienced both types of summer. Because no matter where you are, summer is a beautiful thing. 

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment